Cornwall has been voted No1 UK staycation location as more and more brits are staying home for their holiday breaks. Be that families do not want to travel too far away from granny or have a fear of airplanes. A staycation in Cornwall has it all.
Who needs the med when Cornwall is only a virtual stone throw away.
Cornwall is the land of amazing beaches, windswept cliffs soaked in heritage and history, a visit to Cornwall is a must; excellent award winning restaurants as well as a visit to the iconic Lands end. Surfs up in Newquay and Bude on the north coast – have fun in the Atlantic swell; dotted around are picturesque harbours of Padstow and St Ives.
So here are your reasons to book Cornwall for your next staycation.
Newquay in Cornwall is the UKs top surf destination – surfers from USA and Australia and all over the world come to sample the Cornish waves . Experts go to fistral beach, or beginners go to places like polzeath which is ideal for children.
Cornwall has miles and miles of breath-taking coastal walks with spectacular views.
Award wining chefs and local food
Try rick steins in Padstow, Gordon Ramsey is a local habitant as well. Do not forget your traditional Cornish pasty and Cornish cream tea – Jam on first!!
Cornwall has some of the best beaches in the world. West Cornwall you will find porthcurno, with its rugged beauty, crystal clear waters, soft sand and amazing cliff scenes . The beach at St Ives is a must for romantics and families .
Who needs the med when you have a Cornwall staycation?
Cornwall is known for its myths, legends and picturesque coastal towns
More reasons for a Cornish staycation.
- Amazing wildlife- be it basking sharks, dolphins, sea birds amazing wildlife is for everyone to watch and enjoy.
- Great family fun – acres and acres of amazing world class beaches for all the family to enjoy – be it for activities such as surfing or simply relaxing.
- Instagram sensation – with a cross between the Mediterranean and sub tropical gardens make your mates well jell! some ideas are coastal Towns or St Michael’s mount
- Luxury accommodation.
- City – go to Truro and shop til you drop.
- Escape the rat race – an escape from everyday life you can get away from it all in – isles of scilly.